Friday, January 15, 2016

Cheryl's Electronic Wish List

So, Ed already shared pics of his picks from the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show. (You can also hear his observations about the show on Episode 20: CES2016 & Beyond.) Now, here is what Cheryl added to her list of must-haves:


One of the worst things about ear buds is having to be plugged in to your device. These bluetooth-enabled ear buds solve this problem!


Call it a drone if you want to, but I call it a personal helicopter and I NEED one. I could get to work in three minutes with this thing because the only thing between my house and my workplace is marshland that I currently have drive ALL THE WAY AROUND. How quickly can I get one of these delivered? (This made Ed's list, too, so I hope there will be a buy-one-get-one-free sale!)


Smart glasses aren't quite where I would like them to be yet, but they are getting close. I'm going to need them to be super lite, or they will not be compatible with my terrible sinuses.


The BB8 prototype was on display at the show. I'm fairly certain that I need a BB8--although I'm not quite sure what can do besides help me fly my X-wing, which I'm going to have to get, too. Maybe it comes free with purchase.


A compact, wireless photo printer? Absolutely must have this, and at $109, it seems affordable. Of course, they don't say how much the paper will cost...(Maybe I can get a 3-D printer to make my own paper.)


Let Dr. McCoy and Dr. Crusher know about this: a medical examination device that will allow a doctor to examine you remotely. Take that, tricorder. (Actually, I meant, "I'll take that tricorder.")


Google and Lenovo are teaming up to bringing us positioning software that can self-locate without using GPS. Does this mean we won't be as reliant on satellites to find our way around the planet?


With this solar-powered portable grill, I can finally let Ed cook without worrying about the house burning down.

-- Second Officer Cheryl, Stardate 2016.01.15

No comments:

Post a Comment